Cold and frosty mornings do not make it easy for us gardeners in February. As with all year-round there are still jobs to be done in the garden even though it is a bit cold out there.
- Keep off the grass! When it’s frosty don’t step on the grass as it could damage your lawn.
- Prepare your beds! Get ready for the growing season! Start turning over soil and remove the cheeky winter weeds.
- Prune fruit bushes: raspberry, blackcurrant, gooseberry and redcurrant.
- Deadhead and prune buddleia, wisteria (its now or August) and summer flowering clematis.
- Tree removals; now is the perfect time to re-position trees whilst the roots remain dormant, fork in some nutritious compost.
- Trim deciduous hedges before the birds set up home.
- Cut back ivy and other creepers.
- Cut back shrubs, now is the time of they have become large and overbearing, especially if you are thinking or removing them all together.
- 5 bulbs to plant in February: lilies, eucomis, liatris (loved by bees and butterflies), agapanthus and galtonia (summer hyacinth).
- Order your summer flowering bulbs, ready for planting in Spring. Plan where you will put them.
About Tame Your Garden
We offer free quotations during the working day, in the evening (when it is light enough to see the garden) and on weekends. We are based in Milton Keynes and Padbury, we offer our professional gardening services out to Aspley Guise, Stony Stratford, Olney, Winslow, Great Horwood, Whaddon, Nash, Thornborough, Akeley, Steeple Claydon and Buckingham.
If you are in need of some support to clear out a garden, maybe you have bought a new property, or have some tenants who were not keen gardeners, maybe you find some of the jobs in the garden are getting a bit much or just cannot find the time in a weekend to take care of the garden. We offer a courteous, prompt and reliable, reasonably priced range of services. A family run, local business, we take pride in our work and our excellent reputation. Tame Your Garden has plenty of experience, we are registered waste carriers and hold chainsaw and weed-kill spray certificates.
Take a look at our Facebook page for examples of our work and our customer reviews.